This article has not been rated yet.
Perfectly portable, seriously chocolate and easy to make.
, or additional chocolate chips (optional)
, (frozen or homemade)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Have ready 16 unbaked tart shells.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, chocolate chips and water. Place over low heat and cook, stirring constantly, just until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and let cool for a couple of minutes. Add the eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder and vanilla, stirring just until the dry ingredients have been incorporated.
- Spoon batter into prepared tart shells, filling the shells almost to the top with batter. Sprinkle the tops with a few chopped walnuts or chocolate chips, or leave them plain.
- Arrange on a baking sheet on the lowest rack of the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until brownie filling is puffed and the pastry is golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven and let cool.