Bone Chillin' Sandwiches
This article has not been rated yet.
- 10 slices pumpernickel bread
- 10 slices sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup butter , at room temperature
- 20 slices Black Forest ham
- 20 slices orange cheddar
- 1 bunch red radicchio , or purple colored leaf lettuce
- red decorating gel
- Lay half of the bread slices on a flat surface and spread with a thin layer of butter.
- Top with 2 slices of cheddar, 2 slices of ham and then lettuce to cover.
- Spread the other half of bread slices with a thin layer of mayonnaise and place on top of each sandwich.
- Using a bone-shaped cookie cutter cut out 2 to 3 sandwiches from each of the sourdough sandwiches. Then using a serrated knife cut out coffin shapes from the pumpernickel sandwiches. Use red decorating gel to write RIP’ on coffins if desired.
- Transfer sandwiches to a large platter and loosely cover with saran wrap. Then place in refrigerator to chill until ready to serve.
- Makes 20 sandwiches.
- In 1 sandwich: 233 calories, 12.7 g protein, 13.8 g fat, 14.4 g carbohydrates, 220 mg calcium