Blackberry, Peach and Blueberry Ice Pops
This article has not been rated yet.
Bite into a refreshing fruity blackberry peach and blueberry ice pop on a hot summer day.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 3 large ripe peaches , peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup peach nectar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup frozen blueberries , (optional)
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, combine sugar, water and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and heat, stirring often, until sugar has completely dissolved, about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade attachment, puree blackberries until smooth. Add ½ cup sugar and water mixture and continue to puree until smooth. Push through a sieve into a glass measuring cup. Set aside.
- Place peaches, peach nectar and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth. Stir in blueberries if using.
- To make pops, divide blackberry puree between the popsicle molds, filling each about ¼ full. Freeze until firm, about 45 minutes. Fill molds to the top with the peach mixture and freeze until just set, about 15 minutes. Insert a wooden popsicle stick in the centre of each and continue to freeze until very firm, at least overnight. Pops will keep in freezer for at least 3 weeks.
- In a hurry? Alternatively, you can choose to make these delicious pops using one flavour to save time!