Black-Bottom Banana Mini Cheesecakes
This article has not been rated yet.
If you simply cannot leave well enough alone, top each mini-cheesecake with five or six chocolate chips before baking. Or just wait until they're done and garnish each with a dollop of whipped cream and a slice of banana.
- 12 chocolate wafer cookies
- 2 250-g pkg cream cheese , (not fat-free)
- 1 large ripe banana , peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°F). Line the cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Press one chocolate wafer cookie into each muffin cup. If the cookie is a bit too big to make it all the way to the bottom of the cup, carefully trim off a bit from the edges of each cookie until it fits.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine the cream cheese, banana, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides from time to time. Continue blending for another minute or so – the mixture should be very well beaten. Pour filling mixture into cookie-lined muffin cups, dividing it evenly.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until puffed and beginning to brown. Let cool for a minute, then remove to a rack and cool completely before serving (they’ll be soft at first, but will firm up as they cool).