Beautiful Banana Cake
A wonderfully delicious cake with lots of...appeal. Get it? Oh never mind.
2 3/4 cups
1 1/2 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare 2 greased and parchment-lined 9 in. (23 cm) round layer pans or a 9 x 13 in. (23 x 33 cm) rectangular pan or line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together the brown sugar, vegetable oil and eggs on high speed for about 2 minutes – the mixture should be thickened and creamy. Add the mashed banana, beat for one minute to combine thoroughly, then beat in the milk and vanilla, just to mix. Add the flour mixture all at once and beat on medium speed until the batter is smooth, scraping the sides down to make sure it’s evenly mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake – round layers for 40 to 45 minutes, rectangular pan for 45 to 50 minutes, or cupcakes for 25 to 30 minutes. Cake should be evenly browned on top, and a toothpick poked into the middle should come out clean. Let cool on a rack for about 10 minutes before removing cake.
- Note: Add a handful or two of chocolate chips for fun!