Banana Split Pizza
And now for dessert. I mean, can you resist this? I didn't think so.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 banana , peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp solid vegetable shortening
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Grease a 12 in. (30 cm) pizza pan.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, 1 cup (250 mL) of the chocolate chips and water. Place over low heat and cook, stirring constantly, just until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and let cool for a minute or two.
- Add the eggs to the chocolate mixture and whisk until smooth. Dump in the flour, baking powder and vanilla, stirring just until the dry ingredients have been incorporated. Spread batter evenly in the prepared pizza pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes – until set in the middle. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. Now call in a kid. Have him spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled brownie crust. Artistically arrange the banana and strawberry slices over the cream cheese mixture.
- In a small saucepan, melt the ½ cup (125 mL) of chocolate chips with the vegetable shortening. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the pizza. Chill until set. Cut into wedges to serve.