This article has not been rated yet.
Baking the quesadillas allows you to make more than one at a time - a great shortcut when you're in a rush.
- 4 10-in. flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar , or Monterey jack
- 225 g deli ham , or turkey, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Lightly spray a large cookie sheet (or two smaller ones) with vegetable oil baking spray.
- Lay two of the tortillas out on a flat surface. Sprinkle them with ¼ cup (50 mL) of the shredded cheese, dividing the cheese equally (set aside the rest of the cheese). Top the cheese with a layer of the sliced ham or turkey, sprinkle with green onion and then glop on the salsa. Sprinkle the reserved cheese on top of everything. Now slap the remaining two tortillas on top, and press down well.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the filling is melted and the top is lightly browned. Cut into wedges and serve hot, or let cool to room temperature, then cut into wedges for packing in a lunch box.