This article has not been rated yet.
The quickest apple pastry known to man, these will satisfy your need for dessert without causing a major personal meltdown on a busy day.
- 1/2 375-g pkg frozen puff pastry , defrosted
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 2 apples , peeled and very thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the block of puff pastry out to a 12 in. (30 cm) square. With a very sharp knife, cut into 9 squares. Place on 2 baking sheets.
- Spread each square with about 1 tsp (5 mL) of apricot jam, not quite all the way to the edge. Arrange the apple slices on the pastry squares, dividing the slices equally among the 9 squares and fanning them out nicely. This is a child job, for sure. Sprinkle each with a bit of sugar. Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the pastry is puffed on the edges, browned underneath and the apples are tender when poked with a fork. Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream (or plain, at room temperature).