Amazing Apple Leather
This article has not been rated yet.
15 to 15 servings
Start baking the apple leather just before you go to bed and it will be ready to roll in the morning. You can even vary the recipe by blending some defrosted frozen strawberries or raspberries into the sauce before baking for a different twist.
- 2 recipes Triple-Purpose Microwave Applesauce , blended until smooth
- Preheat the oven to 200°F (93°C). Line an 11 x 17 in. (28 x 43 cm) rimmed baking sheet with foil. Spray thoroughly with non-stick vegetable oil spray. Place the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Spread the applesauce in an even layer on the foil, making sure there are no spots that are thin or thick – as this will cause the leather to cook unevenly.
- Place in the oven to dry for 6 to 10 hours. The surface of the apple leather should be shiny and just a little bit sticky – but definitely not wet or soft. The edges will be a bit drier than the middle, but shouldn’t be crisp. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- When the leather is cool, peel the entire sheet of it off the foil in one piece. Cut crosswise into 1¼ in. (3 cm) strips. Roll up and wrap individually in plastic wrap or waxed paper.