This tasty slow-cooker recipe is perfect for busy days when there’s no time to cook. Serve on hamburger buns, rolls or hoagies, with fries or garden salad on the side.
Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork
This tasty slow-cooker root beer pulled pork recipe is perfect for busy days when there's no time to cook. Serve on hamburger buns, rolls or hoagies, with fries or garden salad on the side.
- 1 lb to 3 lb pork roast , (pork sirloin tip roast)
- 2 tbap grill mates pork rub
- 2 cups root beer
- 1 small onion , cubed
- 2 garlic clove , chopped
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp Yellow Label Syrup , (found at Walmart)
- 18 oz bottle Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce , or other BBQ sauce
- Rinse the pork roast off with water and pat dry with a paper towel. Rub two tables spoons pork rub all over making sure to cover the whole pork roast.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Get the pan nice and hot and then add the roast. Sear the pork roast on all sides. Remove the roast from the pan and add to a crock pot.
- Add the onion, garlic, one teaspoon of liquid smoke and one cup of root beer.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- When done remove the roast from the crock pot and discard the liquid and onions. Let the roast cool and then shred the pork into pieces using two forks. Return the shredded meat to the crock pot.
- Add the remaining one cup of root beer, BBQ sauce, yellow label syrup and remaining teaspoon of liquid smoke and stir to combine. Cook the shredded meat for an additional hour on low.
- Serve on hamburger buns, rolls or hoagies.