I have been making this recipe for years. It takes a little time to prepare but it is worth every minute. The savoy cabbage makes rolling a snap!
Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1 Savoy cabbage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup rice , (cooked)
- 1 onion , diced
- 1 egg
- 1 large can tomato sauce , plain
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Combine ground beef, rice, onions, egg, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Pull Savoy Cabbage off one leaf at a time. Place loosely into microwave and cook on high for 1-2 minutes until limp but not falling apart.
- Lay leaf on a flat surface. Put a spoonful of mixture at large end of of leaf and fold over, folding sides in as you roll to the end of the leaf. *Note: cut out large core if neccessary.
- Place cabbage rolls into slow cooker one at a time covering the bottom first, then laying rolls overtop of layer in between to make removing from slow cooker easier. Continue until cabbage leaves are all filled.
- In a bowl, combine tomato sauce, Worcestershire, brown sugar, water and mix. Pour over top of cabbage rolls.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Serve with crusty bread.