Wheat Berry Salad
* PLUS Cooking time: 65 minutes
Photo: Ryan Szulc
Wheat berries take a while to cook, but there is something really satisfying about this salad.
1 1/2 tsp
1 1/2 cups
- Place wheat berries in a wide pot over mediumhigh heat and stir for 5 min or until wheat smells nutty and is lightly toasted.
- Add water, cover pot, bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 1 hr or until wheat berries are tender but still slightly chewy. Drain off any excess water and set aside to cool.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, orange zest and juice, honey, curry paste, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine wheat berries, walnuts, celery, orange segments, apricots, red onion, parsley and mint in a bowl. Drizzle dressing overtop and toss to combine. Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to eat.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 8 g,
- 52 g,
- 20 g,
- 9 g,
Make this salad ahead of time and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.