Veggies in Foil
This article has not been rated yet.
6 to 6 servings
A great way to Veggie up a barbecue!
- 1.3 kg white or new potatoes , thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet potato , peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large sweet onions , peeled and sliced
- 250 g green beans , cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme , crumbled (or fresh)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, toss together the white potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, green beans, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Drizzle on the olive oil and toss again until everything is evenly coated.
- Cut 12 10 in. (25 cm) squares of heavy-duty foil wrap. Place one square on top of the other to form a double layer of foil – repeat with remaining squares. Fold the edges of the squares up a bit so that they are slightly cupped. Grease the foil lightly with non-stick vegetable spray. Divide the potato mixture among the foil squares, making sure to include the oil as well as the vegetables. Seal the packets tightly on all sides. (If you want smaller individual portions, just make more packets with less of the veggies in each.) Place packets on the preheated barbecue grill over medium heat and cook, turning several times, for 30 to 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.