Photos, videos and recipe rights, courtesy of Ontario Turkey. © Copyright 2018 Turkey Farmers of Ontario. All Rights Reserved.
Turkey Layered SaladBy Ontario Turkey
This article has not been rated yet.
This layered salad is a colourful combination of Turkey and vegetables. You can vary the condiments according to your taste.
- 1/2 lb cooked Ontario Turkey Breast , cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce , torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cups English cucumbers , unpeeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3/4 lb cherry tomatoes , halved
- 3/4 cup no cholesterol, reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup green onions , thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp dill pickle relish , drained
- 3/4 tsp dill weed
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 lb cooked turkey bacon , crumbled
- 2 tbsp. hemp hearts , (optional)
- 2 tbsp. roasted pumpkin seeds , (optional)
Spring Pea Guacamole Dressing
- 2 cups fresh or frozen and thawed sweet green peas
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Combine peas, lemon juice, salt and pepper in food processor and puree until smooth. Reserve in a small bowl and refrigerate.
- In a 3 quart salad bowl layer lettuce, broccoli, cucumber, cooked Turkey breast and tomatoes.
- To make dressing, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, onions, relish, dill and mustard. Spread dressing completely over top of salad to edges of salad bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, top with pea puree and crumbled Turkey bacon. Sprinkle hemp hearts and roasted pumpkin seeds over top. Do not toss salad mixture together, simply spoon salad onto serving plates.
Substitute shredded leftover Turkey meat from a whole roasted bird. Leftover stuffing can be spread over a parchment paper lined baking sheet and baked at 375F (190C) for 5-10 minutes to make croutons for an added festive topping!