3 to 3 servings
Delicious Dippers for any occassion!
- 184 g canned tuna , drained and flaked
- 1 medium carrot , grated
- 1 small onion , very finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- black pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients together except the vegetable oil, seasoning the mixture with salt and pepper to taste. The tuna mixture should be well mushed together so that the burgers don’t fall apart when you cook them. Use your food processor for this, if you have one.
- Hand your young assistant the bowl of tuna stuff and have her form the mixture into bite-sized nuggets. Have her place them on a waxed-paper-lined platter as they’re done.
- Cook the nuggets in a lightly oiled skillet, turning once, over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Let drain on paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve these dippers hot or at room temperature, with your choice of dipping sauce(s). They freeze well and can be packed into a lunch box while still frozen – they’ll thaw by lunchtime.