Tomato Chevre Pasta Toss
11 to 11 Nutrients per 1 cup (250 mL)
* PLUS Baking time: 12 minutes
A simple mix of tomatoes, herbs and cheese makes a delicious base for both a warm pasta toss and a next-day Ready-to-Go Bread Salad lunch.
, preferably a mix of size and colour
, halved lengthwise
, or shells
, to taste
, to taste
of an Italian calabrese
, or French bread loaf
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C). Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, cut tomatoes into bite-sized pieces. Add to a bowl, along with parsley and onions. Drizzle with olive oil. Toss to evenly mix. Crumble goat cheese overtop. Place half of this mixture in a large resealable container. Set other half aside for pasta. Using a spoon, scrape out and discard seeds from cucumber. Cut into bite-sized chunks. Add to tomato mixture in container. Refrigerate for up to 1 day for Ready-to-Go Bread Salad
- When water is boiling, add orecchiette. Cook until al dente, 10-14 minutes. Set 1?2 cup (125 mL) pasta cooking water aside. Drain pasta, then turn back into pot. Stir in tomato-goat cheese mixture from bowl and salt and pepper. If dry, stir in reserved pasta water a little at a time until creamy.
- Meanwhile, cut bread into 1 in (2.5 cm) cubes. You should have 41?2 cups (1.13 L). Spread bread cubes out on a baking sheet. Toast in centre of preheated oven until dry and lightly golden, 12-15 minutes. Let cool completely. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and store until ready to make Ready-to-Go Bread Salad, up to 1 day.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 8 g,
- 6 g,