Ten-minute Cranberry Chutney
Leftover cranberry sauce. So pretty but, alas, so useless. I mean, what are you going to do with one measly cup of it now that the turkey is gone? Here are two delicious recipes that will rescue the last of the cranberry sauce before it goes all green and furry.
- 1 cup cranberry sauce , (homemade or from a can)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup peeled, chopped apple
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- pinch ground cinnamon
- pinch ground ginger
- pinch ground allspice
- pinch hot-pepper flakes , (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl or saucepan. Cook on high power for 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. (The mixture should thicken slightly. If necessary, cook it for an additional 1 or 2 minutes.)
- Let cool for a couple of minutes, then spoon into a jar and refrigerate. Enlist the help of your young creative assistant to design a very snazzy label for this fabulous stuff. And never tell anyone what possessed you to make it.