Shrimp and Spinach Pasta Salad
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 6 servings
This shrimp and spinach pasta salad can be thrown together in minutes, particularly if you buy cooked shrimp and boil the pasta the day before.
- 500 g cooked shrimps , shelled
- 4 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 2 tbsp lemon juice , divided
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 3/4 tsp salt , divided
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp hot-pepper flakes
- 8 cups cooked rotini , (or other shape) pasta (about 4 cups uncooked)
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup frozen green peas , thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Place the shrimp in a medium-sized bowl. Add 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the olive oil, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the lemon juice, the minced garlic, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the salt, and all the cumin and red pepper flakes. Stir well to coat the shrimp with the mixture. Set aside to marinate while you prepare the rest of the salad – take your time; you should let it absorb the dressing for at least 10 minutes (or as long as an hour).
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta with the baby spinach, peas and parsley. When the shrimp has been well marinated, add it to the bowl and toss well.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) of olive oil, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of lemon juice and 1/2 tsp (1 mL) of salt. Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well to mix.