Sesame Roast Chicken Salad
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
Precooked supermarket rotisserie chickens are convenient, but the meat is often dry. We've solved that problem by anointing it with a moist, tasty dressing. The leftovers make a wonderful filling for sandwiches
- 1 rotisserie chicken , (about 1 kg)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp peeled, grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced celery , (sliced on the diagonal)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion , (sliced on the diagonal)
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped celery leaves , (optional)
- Separate chicken meat from skin and bones and shred into bite-sized pieces. Place meat in a large bowl or storage container and set aside.
- Measure mayonnaise into a small bowl. Slowly add sesame oil, whisking constantly, until well combined. Whisk in soy sauce and ginger.
- Place sesame seeds in a small dry skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until sesame seeds are toasted. Scrape seeds into a small bowl and set aside.
- Add dressing to the chicken and toss together. Add celery and green onions, and toss until just combined. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and celery leaves.