This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
Start with a little leftover chicken, pork or barbecue duck, or open a can of tuna. Add some potatoes, a few stray green beans, a little bit of this and a spoonful of that – it’s a cool way to make dinner out of whatever you’ve got.
- 3 cups cooked new potatoes , cut into 1-in. chunks, peeled or not (about 600 g raw)
- 2 cups cooked green beans , cut into 2-in. pieces
- 1/2 small red onion , diced
- 2 tsp capers , (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch black pepper
- 4 cups torn lettuce , (bite-sized pieces)
- 2 cups roast or grilled chicken , pork or turkey, cut into bite-sized chunks (or a can of tuna or salmon, drained and flaked)
- 3 hard-cooked eggs , peeled and quartered
- 2 medium tomatoes , quartered
- 1/4 cup black or green olives , (whichever you like)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, green beans, onion and capers. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Add the dressing to the potato mixture in the bowl and toss to mix well.
- Arrange the lettuce to cover a large platter (use more lettuce if you need it). Place the chunks of chicken, or whatever you’re using, in the middle of the platter, forming it into a little mound.
- Surround chicken with the potato salad. And finally, place the eggs, tomatoes and olives attractively wherever you think they should go. C’est magnifique!