Rosemary Garlic Potato Wedges
4 to 6 servings
These homemade rosemary garlic potato wedges are so good and so easy that you may never again eat a frozen french fry. The rosemary can be omitted if you, or anyone else in the family, objects to it. Or substitute another herb - like oregano or parsley.
- 1 kg potatoes , peeled and cut into thick wedges (4 or 5 medium potatoes)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves , squished (or about 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 tbsp crumbled dried rosemary , (or twice as much chopped fresh)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, toss together the potato wedges, olive oil, garlic, rosemary and salt. Make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Dump the entire mess into a 9 x 13 in. (22 x 33 cm) baking dish and bake at 425°F (220°C) for 50 minutes to an hour, stirring the potatoes carefully at least a couple of times during the baking, so that they brown evenly.
- When done, the wedges should be crisp and golden on the outside, but soft and potatoey on the inside.