Quick pickled beets
This article has not been rated yet.
Recipe : Sarah and Murray Bancroft
, (red, yellow or candy cane), scrubbed and tops removed
apple cider vinegar
- Quarter beets and cover with cold water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook 15 min or until cooked but still firm.
- Remove beets from water (reserving cooking water), peel skins and divide between hinged jars.
- For the pickling solution, combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a boil, then set aside to cool.
- Cover beets with pickling liquid, topping up as necessary with cooking water, which will give the jars a pretty colour.
- Let cool, then close lids and refrigerate up to two weeks.
- Serve on grilled ciabatta slices topped with fresh ricotta cheese and drizzled with extra virgin olive oil.