Pimento Cheese Sandwich Spread
This article has not been rated yet.
A savoury Pimento Cheese Sandwich Spread!
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 113 g-jar pimentos , or roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- salt , (optional)
- black pepper , (optional)
- If you have a food processor, this will take you about five minutes to make. If you’re doing it by hand, a little longer. But so worth it.
- If you’re using a food processor, shred the cheese using the shredding disc and dump it into a bowl. Switch to the steel blade and put the pimentos, cream cheese and mayonnaise into the processor bowl. Blend just until the pimentos are chopped. Now add the shredded cheese in three or four additions and process just until the mixture is evenly combined. If you want it really smooth, process a bit longer. But a little texture is OK.
- If you’re doing this by hand, shred the cheese on the big holes of a grater. I know, I know – a lot of work. Get your kids to do it! (They should wear gloves to prevent grated knuckles.) In another bowl, mash the pimentos with a fork. Add the cream cheese and mayonnaise, and mix until blended. Now mix in the shredded cheddar – stirring and mashing until it is evenly mixed.