This article has not been rated yet.
This chutney is perfect in the summer.
- 14 to 16 medium ripe peaches , (2 kg), peeled, pitted and chopped
- 4 to 6 medium apples , (500 g), peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 cups raisins , (golden ones keep the chutney's colour light)
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper , (or more, less or none)
- In a large pot, combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer the chutney, stirring often, for 30 to 45 minutes or until thickened. Have a taste, and add more sugar if you’d like.
- As the mixture cooks, lower the heat and stir more often to prevent burning and scorching. Pour into clean, hot canning jars and cover with clean new lids.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Remove from hot water and let cool until lids snap shut. Any jar that hasn’t sealed should be stored in the refrigerator.