This article has not been rated yet.
This bread takes about 10 minutes to throw together, 15 minutes to bake and is the second best cure for cabin fever ever (the first being chocolate chip cookies, obviously.)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter , or shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp jalapeno pepper , finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. With a pastry blender, or two knives, cut butter or shortening into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add the milk and stir to make soft dough. Squash dough evenly into an 8- or 9-in. square baking pan, covering the bottom.
- In another bowl, stir together the onion, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise and jalapeno pepper. Spread mixture evenly over the dough in the pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 min, until very lightly browned on the edges. Cut into squares and serve while warm.