What's better than quiche? Mini quiches!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup cheese , (any kind except processed), shredded
- 1 cup cooked vegetables , (such as broccoli, spinach, carrots or zucchini) or meat (bacon or ham), or both, finely chopped
- 12 small (3-in.) unbaked tart shells , (homemade or frozen)
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs with the milk until foamy. Add the shredded cheese and chopped cooked vegetables (or whatever) and mix until thoroughly combined. If you have a food processor, process the eggs and milk first, then add the cheese and vegetables afterwards—but be careful to chop, not puree. Season with salt and pepper.
- Have your child spoon the filling (carefully!) into the tart shells, dividing it evenly between them.
- Bake quiches at 350°F (180°F)for 20 minutes, until puffed in the middle and very lightly browned.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.