Lemony Chicken, Zucchini Ribbon and Cherry Tomato Kebabs
This article has not been rated yet.
Photo: John 'K'/Flickr
BBQ Lemony Chicken, Zucchini Ribbon and Cherry Tomato Kebabs for dinner tonight.
, cut into 24 1-in. chunks
medium yellow or green
, sliced very thinly lengthwise (use a vegetable peeler to make ribbons!)
- Soak eight 6-inch (18 cm) long wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, oregano, thyme, garlic, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, lemon peel, salt and pepper.
- To assemble, thread one end of a zucchini ribbon onto a skewer. Add a piece of chicken and then wrap the same zucchini slice around it and secure it with the skewer. Add a cherry tomato and then continue to weave zucchini slices around the rest of the ingredients, alternating the chicken and cherry tomatoes. Place kebabs in a shallow dish and pour over marinade. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat a barbeque or grill to medium-high heat. Grill kebabs, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are charred and tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a hurry? Slice zucchini into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick rounds and alternate on skewer with chicken and cherry tomatoes and then continue with recipe!