Lemony Chicken, Zucchini Ribbon and Cherry Tomato Kebabs
BBQ Lemony Chicken, Zucchini Ribbon and Cherry Tomato Kebabs for dinner tonight.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts , cut into 24 1-in. chunks
- 2 medium yellow or green zucchinis , sliced very thinly lengthwise (use a vegetable peeler to make ribbons!)
- 24 whole cherry tomatoes
- Soak eight 6-inch (18 cm) long wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, oregano, thyme, garlic, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, lemon peel, salt and pepper.
- To assemble, thread one end of a zucchini ribbon onto a skewer. Add a piece of chicken and then wrap the same zucchini slice around it and secure it with the skewer. Add a cherry tomato and then continue to weave zucchini slices around the rest of the ingredients, alternating the chicken and cherry tomatoes. Place kebabs in a shallow dish and pour over marinade. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat a barbeque or grill to medium-high heat. Grill kebabs, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are charred and tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a hurry? Slice zucchini into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick rounds and alternate on skewer with chicken and cherry tomatoes and then continue with recipe!