Italian Bread Salad
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
Delicious Italian Bread Salad!
- 2/3 loaf day-old or older Italian bread , or French bread
- 2 cups peeled, diced English cucumber
- 1 medium red or green sweet pepper , cut into 1/2-in. dice
- 2 large ripe tomatoes , coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar , or balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Trim crust from bread and tear by hand into 1 in. (2 cm) pieces (you’ll have 7 to 8 cups bread cubes, total). Dump into large bowl and add the cucumber, red or green pepper, onion, tomatoes, parsley and basil. Toss gently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss well. Serve immediately.