Honey Mustard with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
This article has not been rated yet.
A devilishly delicious mustard sauce!
- 1 cup dry mustard
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup whole mustard seeds , crushed in a blender or coffee grinder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes , drained and chopped
- In a medium saucepan (glass, stainless steel or enamelled), combine the mustard powder and flour. Stir in the water and let the mixture sit for 10 minutes or so, while you gather up the rest of the ingredients. If your kids are helping, make sure they–re careful with the mustard powder – it can sting if it gets in their eyes.
- Now add the vinegar, honey, crushed mustard seeds and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, whisking constantly, until thickened – about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Spoon the mixture into clean jars, cover tightly, and keep refrigerated. Don’t forget the fancy label!