High-voltage Garlic Bread
This article has not been rated yet.
Goes great with a salad or pasta. Make sure you have some breath mints ready for after supper.
, or French bread
4 to 6
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic and oil, mashing them together well. In another bowl, mix together the chopped parsley, paprika and Parmesan cheese.
- Cut the bread in half crosswise, then, as evenly as you possibly can, cut each half horizontally in half. This will give you 4 longish slabs of bread. Brush the garlic-oil mixture onto the cut surfaces of the bread, using it all up. Sprinkle, likewise, with the parsley mixture.
- Put the breads on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned on top and heated all the way through. Oh please oh please oh please don’t leave the room while this is in the oven. In fact, don’t answer the phone, don’t read a book, don’t do anything.
- Two minutes extra in the oven, and it’s, um, toast. Or worse.
- Cut diagonally into pieces and serve.