Grilled Chicken and Veggie Pasta Salad
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
If zukes cause your family to run screaming from the table, substitute lightly cooked broccoli or green beans.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes , drained and chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups uncooked rotini , or other medium pasta
- 2 small zucchinis , cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups corn kernels , (cut from the cob or defrosted frozen)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes , or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions , or red onion
- In a blender or food processor, combine olive oil, lemon juice, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend until combined. (This mixture will be used as marinade and salad dressing.)
- Pour about a third of the mixture over the chicken and let marinate for at least an hour, refrigerated. Reserve the remaining mixture.
- Remove chicken breasts from marinade and discard any used marinade. Place the chicken breasts on a preheated barbecue grill. Grill, turning once, until cooked through, but not dry. At the same time, place the zucchini halves on the grill and cook, brushing with a bit of the reserved dressing, until tender, turning once. Remove chicken and zucchini to a cutting board and let cool for a few minutes. Cut into ½ in. (1 cm) chunks and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the rotini until tender but not mushy. Drain thoroughly, then rinse under cold running water. Add to the chicken and zucchini in the bowl. Add the corn, tomatoes, chopped onion and reserved dressing and toss to mix. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, then serve chilled or at room temperature.