Greek Butterfly Salad
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
No actual butterflies were harmed in creating this twist on an old favourite.
- 2 cups uncooked butterfly pasta , (farfalle)
- 1 medium cucumber , peeled and diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red peppers , (from a jar is fine)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives , pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove , squished
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano , crumbled
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- Cook the pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but definitely not mushy. Drain in a colander, then rinse under cold running water until the pasta is cold. Make sure it is very thoroughly drained, then transfer to a large bowl. Add the cucumber, cherry tomatoes, roasted red peppers and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, oregano and pepper. Drizzle over the pasta mixture, tossing to coat everything evenly with dressing. Add the feta cheese last and toss just briefly to mix before serving.