This article has not been rated yet.
Keep this salsa in the freezer until you're ready to use it for dinner or entertaining.
- 10 ripe plum tomatoes , (or 5 large round), peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil , or vegetable oil
- 6 green onions , chopped
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers , seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Chop the tomatoes coarsely and place in a strainer or colander set over a bowl to drain off excess liquid. (You can chop half the tomatoes by hand and the other half in a food processor for a mixture of big and small chunks.) Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium-low. Add the green onions, jalapenos and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 or 2 minutes – just until the onions are wilted and the garlic is no longer raw. Dump into a bowl. Add the drained tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice and salt, and stir to mix. Taste and adjust flavours to your liking. (More lime juice? Salt? Jalapenos?) Pack into containers, label and freeze.