Easy Turkey Gravy
This article has not been rated yet.
1 1/2 to 2 cups
This easy turkey gravy is so simple to make at home that you'll never need to buy powdered gravy mix again.
- 1/4 cup turkey fat , from roasting pan
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups turkey broth , water or a combination
- Drain all the turkey drippings from the roasting pan into a bowl or measuring cup to allow the fat to rise to the top. Meanwhile, pour the turkey or chicken broth into the roasting pan and swish around a bit to dissolve the crusty bits from the bottom.
- Spoon ¼ cup (50 mL) of the fat from the bowl of turkey drippings into a medium saucepan. (Discard any excess fat, but reserve the rest of the drippings – you’ll be using it.) Add the flour and cook, stirring, just for a minute or two, until blended. Pour the liquid from the roasting pan and the turkey drippings into the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thickened – 5 to 7 minutes. The gravy can be allowed to simmer, covered, over very low heat (stir occasionally) while the turkey is being carved.