Easy Grilled Vegetables
This article has not been rated yet.
Cooking the vegetables separately, rather than tossing them together in a wire basket, makes this side dish super kid-friendly. Family members can pick and choose their favourites, leaving less-loved veggies behind.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cover with lid and bring to a boil over high heat. Gently boil until almost tender, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, snap woody ends off asparagus, and discard or save for soup stock. Wash asparagus; place on a large piece of heavy foil and seal tightly.
- Cut red pepper into quarters. Trim roots from green onions and slice off about half of the green tops. Brush red pepper and green onions lightly with 1 tbsp (15 mL) garlic butter.
- Toss almost-cooked potatoes with remaining garlic butter and seasonings. Place asparagus package and cut vegetables on preheated barbecue. Turn vegetables often until just starting to brown, 10-15 minutes. Remove vegetables when golden and keep warm. Unwrap asparagus just before serving.
- Makes 4 servings.
- In a serving: 250 calories, 6 g protein, 7 g fat, 44 g carbs, 3 mg iron, 45 mg calcium