Crunchy Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
This article has not been rated yet.
Take regular mac and cheese and turn into into a satisfying and hearty meal with this tasty Crunchy Bacon Macaroni and Cheese recipe that will have everyone begging for seconds.
- 1 500-g pkg PC black label Eliche Pasta
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup grated PC Aged 2 Year Canadian White Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated PC Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup PC black label Panko Japanese-Style Breadcrumbs
- PC black label Spiced Tomato Condiment , optional
- Preheat broiler. Cook pasta in boiling water, following package directions but omitting salt, until tender, 10 to 12 min. Drain, then return to pot.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until bacon is crisp, 4 to 5 min. Transfer bacon to paper-towel-lined plate. Discard fat and wipe with paper towel. Melt butter in same pan over medium. Whisk in flour until mixture turns into a paste, about 30 sec. Gradually add milk and stir constantly until sauce thickens, 4 to 6 more min. Stir in cheddar, mozzarella and salt. Remove from heat and stir until melted. Season with fresh pepper.
- Stir in pasta and bacon until combined. Scrape into a 9 x 13-in. baking dish (or for individual servings, 8 ramekins set on a baking sheet). Sprinkle with panko. Broil in centre of oven until top is golden, 2 to 3 min. Serve with spiced tomato condiment.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 40 g,
- 114 g,
- 36 g,
- 4 g,
- 765 mg.