Originally published in the Today’s Parent June 2016 issue. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
Creamy Macaroni SaladBy Chatelaine
What's a picnic without a heaping helping of creamy macaroni salad? Our version comes together in a snap.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground curry powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 carrot , peeled and grated
- 1 celery stalk , very finely chopped
- 6 sweet pickles , very finely chopped
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water, following package directions but omitting salt, until tender,
7 to 8 min. Drain.
- Stir mayo with yogurt, Dijon, curry powder and salt in a large bowl. Stir in pasta, carrot, celery and pickles. Season with fresh pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 11 g,
- 54 g,
- 24 g,
- 3 g,
- 516 mg.