Creamy Cheddar Fondue
This article has not been rated yet.
2 to 4 servings
Do a fondue.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup apple juice , or cider
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- French bread , cut into cubes
- lightly steamed vegetables , cut into chunks
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the milk, apple juice, flour, mustard, salt and pepper. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring, until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Let simmer for about a minute, then remove from heat. Add the shredded cheese by handfuls, stirring between each addition, until all the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth. Transfer to a fondue pot over a flame and serve with bread cubes and vegetables for dipping.