Cranberry Banana Jam
I know what you're thinking. Cranberry? Banana? Jam? But trust me - your kids are not thinking that. They're thinking: Hey, pink banana jam! Cool.
- 3 cups cranberries , washed (frozen ones are fine)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups mashed ripe banana , (about 4 medium)
- 7 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 85-mL pouch liquid pectin
- In a large pot – at least 6 quart (6 L) capacity – combine the cranberries with the water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower the heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. The cranberries will disintegrate and thicken a lot – this is perfectly fine.
- Now add the mashed banana, sugar and lemon juice and bring the mixture back to a boil over high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for one minute. Remove from heat and stir in the liquid pectin, making sure you’ve squeezed out the entire pouch.
- Ladle immediately into hot, sterilized jars. Cover with new lids, and screw on the bands.