This article has not been rated yet.
The sweetness of corn makes this quiche a winner for adults and kids both.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 green onions , chopped (or 1/2 regular onion, if green specks are a problem)
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 3 cups corn kernels , (cut from cooked or uncooked cobs, or frozen)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt , (regular or low fat)
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar , (or another cheese)
- 1 unbaked 9- or 10-in. pie shell , (homemade or store-bought)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the green onions and garlic and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until softened. Add the corn kernels and continue to cook for another 2 or 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, yogurt, sugar, flour, salt and pepper. Stir in the corn mixture and the shredded cheese. Spoon into the unbaked pie shell and bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the filling is lightly browned and puffed (a knife poked into the middle should come out clean). Let cool for a few minutes before serving.