Originally published in the Today’s Parent July 2014 issue. Photo by Andrew Grinton.
Corn and Bacon HashBy Eshun Mott
4 adult servings
Tired of corn on the cob? This tasty hash (infused with crisp bacon) is the perfect balance of sweet and savoury. Quick, easy and tasty.
- 3 slices bacon , chopped (about 3 oz)
- 4 ears corn , kernels removed (about 2 1/2 cups)
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Place bacon in a large cast iron pan or heavy frying pan over medium heat. Cook bacon for 4 min or until fat is rendered and bacon is crisp. Remove bacon to a plate, leaving fat in the pan.
- Turn heat to medium-high. Add corn and sauté for 3 to 4 min or until tender and lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper, and toss with green onion and reserved bacon.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 21 g,
- 9 g,
- 2 g,
- 121 mg.