Chicken and Veggie Packets
This article has not been rated yet.
Arrange all the ingredients in separate bowls and let your child wrap up her own surprise packet for dinner. To avoid mix-ups, label each one with the name of the rascal who made it.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup barbecue sauce , (your favourite kind)
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels , (or leftover cooked corn, cut off the cob)
- 1 green or red sweet pepper , chopped
- Place one chicken-breast half in the middle of each piece of foil. Spoon the barbecue sauce over the chicken (dividing it evenly between them), then bury the whole business in corn kernels. Sprinkle with the chopped pepper.
- Leaving a little room for expansion, fold up two sides and secure with a double fold. Double fold the ends shut. You want the packets to be tightly sealed but with enough room inside for the steam to penetrate and cook everything evenly. Place packets on a cookie sheet and bake at 450°F (230°C) for about 20 to 25 minutes. Or arrange on a barbecue grill over medium-high heat and cook for about the same amount of time.
- Remove from oven or barbecue and let cool for a minute or two before opening very, very carefully (grown-up job!). The hot steam can burn, so beware. Eat right from the foil – no dishes to wash!