Cheese-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
This article has not been rated yet.
24 to 24 servings
Choose the larger-sized cherry tomatoes for this. The tiny grape tomatoes are too small to stuff.
- 1 125-g pkg cream cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 green onion , chopped
- 1/4 tsp crumbled dried oregano
- 1 to 2 tbsp plain yogurt , or sour cream (if needed)
- 24 to 30 cherry tomatoes
- paprika , for sprinkling
- In a food processor, blend together the cream cheese, feta cheese and green onion until the cheese mixture is smooth and the green onion is finely chopped. Scrape down the sides of the processor bowl, adding only enough yogurt or sour cream to make the mixture creamy. (You may not need any at all.)
- Process until the mixture is smooth and spoonable. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour to allow flavours to blend.
- Meanwhile, rinse the cherry tomatoes and remove stems. With a sharp knife, cut a slice from the non-stem end of each tomato to reveal the tomato innards. With a small spoon, scoop out as much pulp and seeds as you can (discard them), and arrange the hollowed tomatoes cut side down on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- When ready to serve, transfer the cheese mixture to a small zipper-top plastic bag. With scissors, cut one corner off to form a piping bag. Squeeze the cheese filling into each cherry tomato and arrange on a plate. Sprinkle with paprika and serve immediately.