Carb-loading Cottage Cheese Broccoli Noodles
4 to 4 servings
Dustin and Jared hover around me like gnats as I assemble ingredients for dinner. I hand Dustin the cheese and a grater, and Jared the broccoli and a paring knife. They shred, they chop, they bicker - it's just like having kitchen staff, only noisier.
- 1 340-g) pkg broad egg noodles
- 2 cups cottage cheese , (1% or 2%)
- 1 cup sour cream , (regular or low fat)
- 1 bunch broccoli , trimmed and cut into florets (stems coarsely chopped into chunks)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Throw in the noodles and let them cook for 4 or 5 minutes. Add the cut-up broccoli and continue cooking until the noodles are tender – about another 3 or 4 minutes. Drain thoroughly and return to the pot. Stir in the cottage cheese, sour cream, ½ cup (125 mL) of the cheese, and salt and pepper. Stir until everything is thoroughly mixed. Transfer to a bowl for serving and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.