Bumbleberry Freezer Jam
6 to 6 servings
OK, let's start with something easy. Just throw together equal amounts of whatever berries are available for the quickest, most delicious jam imaginable. No cooking, no sterilized jars, no excuses.
- 4 cups mashed mixed berries , firmly packed into measuring cup
- 3 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 49-g pkg light pectin crystals
- First, put the sugar into a bowl. Remove ¼ cup (50 mL) of the sugar and, in another small bowl, stir it together with the pectin crystals. Set both of these bowls aside.
- Drop the mashed berries into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar-pectin mixture until combined, then let sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes, stirring once or twice. It will be thick and gooey.
- Now add the remaining sugar and stir constantly for 3 minutes. Pack into freezer-safe containers leaving at least ¼ in. (0.5 cm) on top to allow for expansion. Cover with lids and let jam stand at room temperature for several hours (or overnight) until set. Place in freezer for storage, or refrigerate if you’ll be using it within a few weeks. Is that not ridiculously easy?