Bugs Bunny Brown Rice
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
Brown rice has a nuttier, crunchier texture compared to its refined white cousin. This colourful side dish is a carb and veggie in one. Cold leftovers make for a tasty Oriental salad the next day.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 cube or pouch low-sodium chicken bouillon
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 carrots , peeled and grated (1 cup grated)
- 2 green onions , minced (optional)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Bring brown rice, water and bouillon in a medium saucepan to a rapid boil. Stir, reduce to simmer and cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Cover and cook at low for 40 minutes. Whisk together sesame oil, water, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Once rice is cooked, add grated carrot, green onions and soy dressing to cooked rice. Combine, cover with lid and set aside a minute or two to heat carrots. Garnish with sesame seeds.