Baby Spinach Salad with Strawberries and Almonds
This article has not been rated yet.
You can make both the salad and the dressing ahead of time, if you want. Just cover it up with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve - then toss together at the last moment.
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 6 cups baby spinach , rinsed and dried
- 2 cups strawberries , halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Spread the slivered almonds on a baking pan and place in the oven. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring once or twice, until golden. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- By hand, tear the spinach leaves into pieces and place in a salad bowl. Top with strawberries and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, orange juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- When you’re ready to serve your spinach salad, drizzle the dressing over the spinach mixture in the bowl and toss gently until evenly coated. You may not want to use all the dressing, so add it gradually. Serve immediately.