Baby Potato Salad
This article has not been rated yet.
Baby potatoes cook in minutes and don't need peeling, so they're perfect for this potato salad.
- 700 g small red-skinned or white new potatoes , (don't peel)
- 1 stalk celery , diced
- 1/2 medium red onion , diced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp coarse-grain mustard , (or Dijon)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Wash the new potatoes and place them in a steamer basket over a pot of boiling water. Cover and steam for about 15 to 20 minutes or until they’re just tender when poked with a knife. Remove from heat and let potatoes cool to room temperature.
- When the potatoes are cool, cut them into halves or quarters (depending on the size). Toss with the celery, onion and parsley.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour about half of this dressing into the potato salad and toss until everything is lightly coated.
- Chill salad and remaining dressing until ready to serve, or transport to picnic spot in a cooler with an ice pack. Pack remaining dressing separately and toss with salad at serving time, if desired. (You may not use all the dressing.)