Asian Sticky Rice
Got leftover rice? Then you've got a start on tomorrow's lunch, ready in less than 10 minutes.
- 1 turkey pepperette , or pepperoni stick
- 1/2 cup cooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds , optional
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- handful baby spinach , optional
- Slice pepperette into bite-sized pieces and, in a microwaveable bowl, mix together with rice, peas, sesame oil, sesame seeds (if using) and ginger. Microwave on high to infuse flavour and thaw peas, about 1 minute.
- Pack spinach leaves, if using, into bottom of a pre-warmed Thermos and top with hot rice mixture.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 310 g,
- 35 g,
- 12 g,