Asian Steak Salad
This article has not been rated yet.
You can whip up this summer salad in flash, leaving you more time to enjoy your evening.
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 cup snow peas , strings removed and cut in half diagonally
- 4 green onions , slivered
- 1/2 medium red sweet pepper , cut into slivers
- 1/2 medium green or yellow sweet pepper , cut into slivers
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes , or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots , cut in half diagonally
- 1 1-in. piece fresh ginger , peeled
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp Asian fish sauce , or soy sauce (or 1 tbsp of each)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 500 g grilled steak , or roast beef, very thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, toss together the romaine, snow peas, green onions, red and green peppers, tomatoes and carrots.
- Combine the ginger root, garlic, vinegar, fish sauce or soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil and sugar in the container of a blender. Blend until smooth, stopping the blender once or twice to scrape the sides down. (Taste dressing and adjust with more sugar if you prefer it a little sweeter.)
- Drizzle most of the dressing over the lettuce mixture in the bowl and toss until evenly coated. Transfer salad to a large platter and arrange sliced steak over top. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the steak and serve immediately.